This website was created to provide you with information and community resources in both English and Chinese to help you with coping and moving forward with your life now that you are near completing or have completed cancer treatments. Everyone's journey through cancer is different. There is no right or wrong way to feel and cope at this time. Allow yourself to do what feels right for you.
To help you use the website, you can:
- View the pages in any order. Though we do suggest you view them in order (from left to right) for the first time.
- Go through the pages at your own pace, as many times as you like.
- Practice what you learned by using the Self-Reflection exercise in each section.
The information on this website is provided in video and written format. You will:
- Hear real stories of Chinese women living with breast cancer.
- See that you are not alone; other Chinese women also have this disease.
- Learn about how to help yourself to recover psychologically and physically and if you need support, who to contact.
- Learn that everyone’s cancer experience is different. Each woman finds her own pace.
Sometimes just knowing that supports are available if you need them can provide reassurance. The information on the website does not replace advice from your health care providers. If you have any questions or concerns, please speak to a health care provider at the hospital or in the community.